Wei Juxian (1898 - 1990) In 1928, he was appointed as director of the Nanjing Antiquities Center. Subsequently in 1929, he conducted excavations at the Nanjing Ming Dynasty Palace. In 1930, he presided over the Qixia Mountain Three tombs excavations and conducted investigations on ancient cultural sites in Jiangsu and Zhejiang. In the spring of 1935, Wei participated in the survey of the ruins of the flooded city of Changzhou. In autumn, he participated in a study tour of Shanghai Jinshan Wei Qi Jia ancient cultural site. In 1936, he established China's Ancient Springs Society in Shanghai and served as the councilor.  In August of the same year, he was appointed Director-General of Wuyue History Study Group, and edited “Wuyue Culture Forum.” In 1937, he served as a member of equipment purchase for the Shanghai Museum. In 1943, Wei served as the Director and Editor in Chief for several years in Chongqing for the “Literary Societies Monthly”. He left mainland in 1943, to work as professor in Hong Kong, Zhuhai, Lian He, Lian Da, Guang Xia, the Far East, China, the Institute of Oriental Culture, University of Hong Kong, and Taiwan's Fu Jen Catholic University.